Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fiber One Bar, and other stuff! - February 18, 2014

Okay so this past week is week 2 in my planner and I went to my first Zone Conference!! There is a family here, well there are alot of families here and they are all awesome! Specifically though, I have grown close to the Faria family. They are the best! They tell us to try to stay away from party homes but we can't do that if we get to go to dinner with them :) I am so grateful for that! Also, I have no idea why I can't say their last name right. I know how to say it but everytime I do, I say Ferrari. Which is really bad during prayers cause then we just end up laughing during the prayer. I've decided, although its not gonna happen all the time... That since our Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, it's okay when something funny happens during the prayer and we chuckle a little. Not recommended though. But I have realized its not something to be worried about. It happens :) On Thursday we called our dinner appointment to make sure it was still okay for us to come over and then we showed up that night and she had totally forgot! We had grilled cheese sandwiches and applesauce! Best meal! Ha! Friday I went to the Follow up trainers meeting and that was AWESOME! I got to see all my MTC sisters and...elders.
One thing that we always do during dinner appointments is leave them with a message. This week, Sister Ladle and I were directed more towards our weaknesses and as we come closer to Christ we see them more and how we need His help to help our weaknesses grow strong! Also the commitment that we left with them was to start to develop a Christlike Attribute. I have been working on Humility. And boy do I still need to work on it. I have been learning more and more each day and have started to see that it makes sense that as I strive for humility to also have diligence and to be patient and they all work together! So pick up a Preach my Gospel and look at chapter 6. Read through it and see what you need to work on. Be honest with yourself and as you work on it, youll grow closer to Christ and you will develop that attribute. Pray for help and He will help you. He is always there, waiting for you to turn to Him so He can help you with your every day needs! He loves you and I love you too!
HAHA okay one last thing.... so there are 5 missionary curses that I have learned: 1) peeing your pants 2) #2 in your pants 3) hugged by opposite gender 4) kissed by opposite gender and 5) unknown. It'll just be something bad.
But I have gone a whole month and the only thing that has happened is hugged by opposite gender. It wasnt bad though. The old bishop of the ward I am in just gives hugs all the time. I walked into their house and he just gave me a side hug. And it didn't even bother me. It was good. It was like getting a side hug from a family member. So technically it doesn't count. But yup. Anyways the work is progressing, my companion is the best ever and I am having the best time.
Love you all and I hope all is super well at home :)
Sister Svedin :)

p.s. Dont eat Fiber One bars.... They may taste good but it left me all bloated and my stummy didn't feel good. Other than that... Read the scriptures and pray and your life will be blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment